What is COVID-19?
COVID-19 is an acronym that stands for CORONAVIRUS DISEASE of 2019 which was given by the World Health Organisation (WHO). The disease caused by the new coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 was first identified in Wuhan, China in late 2019 and has since spread worldwide.
Coronaviruses can affect both humans and animals. The COVID-19 virus is a new virus linked to the same family of viruses as Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS), Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and some types of common cold.
Protect & Educate Kids
To help protect and educate kids during the lockdown due to COVID-19 pandemic, parents can engage in the following:
- Create one-on-one time with each child: to bond and show they are special.
Remain positive in the midst of the chaos:
- when kids see that you are hopeful and unafraid, they can draw from your strength.
- Checkout this link to help you kids reduce stress.
- Talk to your young ones about COVID-19:
- Let them catch up on some school work: by accessing learning resources available online
- Get their hands busy:
Keep them active:
- Take a walk round the neighbourhood while practicing Social Distancing
- Teach them how to Skip (Jump-Rope), Ride a Bike / Scooter
Kindly share your tips on how to protect and engage the kids during this COVID-19 lockdown with us in the comments section.
Stay Home! Stay Safe!! Save Lives!!!